While Desiree has done extensive behavioural rehabilitation work in the past we are now focusing in 2021 on helping dog owners start their puppies off right to prevent serious behavioural issues from occurring in the first place. We’ve perfected a system that incorporates both private in home coaching and group training to get the most effective and best results we’ve experienced to date. Our patient and positive approach to puppy training will provide you with extremely thorough step by step help navigating puppyhood and beyond.
Read more about our team here: http://abbyk9coach.com/meet-our-dog-trainer/
What’s your education/certification and what methods do you use?
Updating our canine education on a regular basis is something that our Founder and Business Owner, Desiree McLean, is adamant about. She’s enjoyed learning from some of the best dog trainers in North America with a variety of different backgrounds and is excited about passing on her knowledge, experience and passion to new Dog Trainer – Meagan Wilson. Desiree doesn’t believe in limiting yourself as a Trainer to one particular method, but rather utilizes a multitude of techniques she has both picked up from others or honed by her own experience helping train thousands of dogs over more
than a decade so far. Desiree feels the most important thing rather than focusing on “methods” is understanding and respecting dogs, and building and enhancing the relationships between dog and owner. The goal is to gain obedience and cooperation from the dog through bonding, clear communication, mutual respect, and fulfilling the dogs needs as well, not just “barking orders” at the dog.
Enjoy watching some leash manners practice…
one, but many certifications because we believe even a Professional Dog Trainer needs ongoing training. We invest our time and money into updating our canine education on a continuous basis through conference, workshop and seminar attendance, and online learning
Credentials: Here are some of the courses/certifications Desiree has taken since 2006
- 3 day seminar on “Dealing with Difficult Dogs” – Heather Beck, K9 LifeLine, Utah, with “large field socialization” taught by Jason Vasconi of Transform My Dog. Feb 2020, and Mondioring demo by David Broderick
- Achieving Real World Obedience 3 day seminar with Dream Come True K9, Seattle, May 2018
- International Association of Canine Professionals Annual 5 day dog trainer Conference, Florida Sept 2018
- International Association of Canine Professionals Annual 5 day dog trainer Conference Sept 2017 including canine nutrition seminar by Rodney Habib
- International Association of Canine Professionals Annual 5 day dog trainer Conference, California Sept 2016
- International Association of Canine Professionals Annual 5 day dog trainer Conference, Virginia USA Sept 2014
- Solid K9 Training & The Good Dog: “Train The Trainer” 3 day seminar Oct 2012- Los Angeles
- Chad Mackin 2 day Pack to Basics (dog socialization certification) July 2012- Los Angeles, USA
- Dr. Ian Dunbar 4 day dog trainer seminar March 2012 – Seattle, USA
- Dr. Sophia Yin 2 day dog trainer seminar March 2012 – Bellingham, USA
- International Association of Canine Professionals Annual 5 day dog trainer Conference Florida, USA multiple speakers including Chad Mackin with Pack to Basics (dog aggression and socialization) and Debby Kay’s Sniffer Dogs (training detection dogs) April 2012
- DOGSAFE 1st aid certification- October 2009
- DOGSAFE 1st aid certification January 2011
- Working with Fearful Dogs & Creative Client Coaching. 2 day seminar- Nicole Wilde, Langley, BC 2009
- Cesar Millan Seminar – Seattle, USA 2007
Millan Seminar Coquitlam, BC 2010
- Cesar Millan Seminar Abbotsford BC Nov 2012
- Brad Pattison 2 day course (Including “Street Safety”) Coquitlam
- Brad Pattison repeat Street Safety 2011 Abbotsford, BC 2008
- That’s My Dog (E-Collar Training) 2 day Seminar – Langley, BC 2009
- Dog Trainer with Petsmart 2006-2007 Langley, BC
- Plus several Obedience, Nosework and Agility courses taken from a variety of other local Trainers
We just love all things dog!
We’re up for trying everything from Trick Training with Sara Carson to getting into a bite suit…